Monday, June 2, 2014

NYC Radio: Joan Hamburg OUT At WOR 710 AM

Joan Hamburg
CCM+E/NYC and longtime talk host Joan Hamburg have parted company.  A daily fixture on WOR fir 35+ years, Hamburg was moved to weekends-only this past January.

The 79-year-old Hamburg started her radio broadcasting in 1979 with small consumer (bargain shopping) segments on the long-running Rambling With Gambling morning show, eventually earning her own show. She grew up on Long Island and attended Barnard College before embarking on an advertising career.

Hamburg has been scribbed from the WOR website and reportedly potentital advertisers have been told her show is "no longer available".

Hamburg frequently broadcast from her favorite places instead of a studio -- Sardi's, the Hamptons, Canyon Ranch, The Villages, Florida.

2 comments:

  1. SHE WILL BE MISSED.SHE WAS LIKE"HOME"TOO MANY,ESPECIALLY DURING THE HOLIDAYS.SHE TOOK US THROUGH"SANDY"WITH AN EXCELLENT JOB OF REPORTING.I HOPE SHE IS OFFERED SOMETHING"NEW".SHE IS STILL VERY VIABLE AND NEEDED IN THIS CRAZY WORLD.
    THANK YOU JOAN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since the "new WOR" was created, I have only been happy with the continuation of Joe Bartlett and Mark Simone. John Gambling's leaving was a blow and now I think I know why he decided to throw in the towel. He could see the handwriting on the wall. Hilarie Barsky is a good transition but is still being introduced as "Guest Host" What's with that? Just realized that now it's Joan Hamburg's turn to get the axe. I've been a listener of WOR 710 for 79 (tomorrow) years because my Mom always had it on before me. It has changed but in my opinion, not for the better. Joan, I will miss you. I hope you're picked up by someone else.

    ReplyDelete