Thursday, June 5, 2014

Albuquerque Radio: Steph Duran Added To KRST Line-Up

Steph Duran
Cumulus/Albuquerque has announced that on-air personality, Steph Duran has been named host of NASH-FM 92.3 KRST afternoons (2:00 pm until 7:00 p.m. weekdays). 

This is a homecoming for Duran, as she was born and raised in Albuquerque and started her radio career there. Duran comes to NASH-FM 92.3 KRST from KEZK/Fresh 102.5 in St. Louis, where she was #1 rated in the market for her midday show. She was previously co-host of mornings with Guy Phillips at KYKY in St. Louis, and worked mornings for KUPD/Phoenix. Duran’s first day on-air at NASH-FM 92.3 KRST will be June 18.

Kris Abrams, FM Operations Manager for Cumulus Albuquerque, said: “Steph’s track record speaks for itself. From working rock radio with Dave Pratt in Phoenix or more recently, leading KEZK/St. Louis to a dominant #1 at work position, Steph is not only versatile, she just plain knows how to have fun on the radio. NASH-FM 92.3 KRST delivers Country in a way Albuquerque has never experienced before, with the best parts of the NASH and KRST brands combined. NASH’s Blair Garner with America’s Morning Show and Shawn Parr’s NASH Nights Live give us two of the best talents in Country radio. Now with Juan Velasco’s nearly 20 years on KRST and the addition of Steph Duran, we have two hometown kids leading the charge in midday and afternoons, respectively.”

Duran said: “As someone born and raised in Albuquerque, I accidentally stumbled into radio, the best career in the world, while working at Dion’s and studying my brains out my senior year of high school at the Albuquerque Academy. At long last, after building my career in markets across the country, I am fortunate enough to come home to Albuquerque, to the place I long for most and to do my show at the all-new NASH-FM 92.3 KRST. I cannot wait to hang out with my family—aunts, uncles, cousins, and my son, Ben, who is studying at UNM… and to have a 505 phone number again! I couldn’t be more excited to be a part of the new NASH-FM 92.3 KRST.”

No comments:

Post a Comment