Monday, June 28, 2021

Harrisburg Radio: Nancy Ryan Finds Life After WRBT EXIT

Nancy Ryan
Radio personality Nancy Ryan has been waking up Central Pennsylvanians for the past two and a half decades.

"I have been working on the radio for 25 years and 20 years working with Newman who is such a great friend still. But there are better things on the horizon. A lot of times when things happen you don't know why and then you figure it out," Ryan recnetly told CBS21 in Harrisburg.

Unfortunately her time on the radio was cut short when she was fired from Country WRBT Bob 94.9 FM. iHeartMedia dropped the local morning show to import The Bobby Bones Show from Nashville. Her former partner, Newman, now hosts PM Drive on the station. All other shifts are imported from other iHM markets.

"The response has been overwhelming. It was something that I didn't choose to walk away from. It just happened to me so I have taken the opportunity to make the most of it," said Ryan.

However, Ryan's loyal Central P.A. listeners have kept her spirits bright even through job loss.

"Yes, social media has downsides to it but all I've seen is the positive. That is where people really reached out and said you know we love you. We want you to be here," said Ryan.

Ryan is choosing to make lemonade out of lemons. She will still be serving the Central P.A. community but in a different way, with her media company she co-founded with her daughter; Ryan Rogers Media.

"I do radio commercials. I have been lucky enough to do tv commercials. Working in the community and promoting the things that I love. Working with the people that I want to work with to promote them and shine a light on them," said Ryan.

Ryan is originally from West Virginia but moved here to be on the radio in the 80's but moved here to be on the radio in the 80's. She met her husband here and they raised their daughter here in the keystone state. She says even though her career has changed a bit, she has no plans of leaving her Central, P.A. family.

"This is my home. That is why I stayed. I just loved everything about Central Pennsylvania. Where I grew up was Charleston, West Virginia. And I moved up here to Harrisburg and it just felt like home and I met the greatest friends of my life here. I am not going anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment