Wednesday, January 10, 2018

FCC's Brendan Carr Nominated For Full-Term


President Donald Trump nominated FCC Commissioner Brendan Carr to serve a five-year term on the Commission beginning July 1, 2018.  The U.S. Senate will vote on the nomination at a later date.

Carr, whose current term expires June 2018, issued the following statement:
“I want to thank President Trump for renominating me to a second term as a Commissioner of the FCC. Serving on the Commission is a tremendous honor and privilege, and I am proud of the work we have already accomplished. If reconfirmed, I look forward to many more years of working with my colleagues at the FCC on policies that will create jobs, spur investment, and grow the economy for the benefit of all Americans.”
FCC Chairman Ajit Pai also responded to the nomination with a statement:
“I congratulate Brendan on his nomination to serve a full five-year term at the FCC. He is a distinguished public servant who has hit the ground running during his first months as a Commissioner, including by leading the FCC’s efforts to expedite the deployment of wireless infrastructure. I look forward to continuing to work with him in the months and years to come.”

No comments:

Post a Comment