Thursday, October 30, 2014

Fresno Radio: Jennifer Lipp Leaving N/T KMJ

Jennifer Lipp
Jennifer Lipp, who has been on Fresno radio for 20 years, is leaving KMJ 580 AM / 105.9 FM. Her last day partnering with John Broeske for“The John and Jen Show” morning show— is Friday, Oct. 31.

According to the Fresno Bee, she’s headed to Arkansas where her husband has taken a job. Lipp isn’t looking to get back into radio. She plans to be a stay-at-home mom for the couple’s three children.

“We are ‘Beverly Hillbilly-ing‘ backwards,” Lipp says.

“I want to say a heartfelt thank you to everyone here. I came to Fresno from the East Coast and from the moment I got here, everyone has been so warm and welcoming,” Lipp says. I will always be thankful the people in this Valley have let me do what I do.

“I have a lot of interests and getting to be on different formats gave me a chance to grow and change.”

Being on the air in any radio market for two decades is a major accomplishment. Lipp worked at various local radio stations and on radio formats from rock to talk.

Before teaming with Broeske in January 2013 for the program that aired 9-11 a.m. weekdays, Lipp was the host of her own morning program starting in 2012. The Philadelphia native worked at The Beat (103.7 FM) until 2005 and then at The Blaze (105.1 FM) from 2008-2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment