Wednesday, October 2, 2019

CA Radio: Radio Vet Steve Weed Announces Retirement

Steve Weed
After 50-years in the industry, veteran radioprogrammer and air personality Steve Weed has announced his retirement from radio. 

He currently serves as iHeartMedia Senior VP Programming/Central California.

Weed began his career on-air at WXLO 99X New York and KIIS 102.7 FM  Los Angeles. Previously, he's programmed stations in New York, Detroit, St. Louis and Seattle. Weed also launched CHR KDND-107.9 FM The End in Sacramento.

"It's been an incredible journey, from weekend shifts while in college at UCLA, right up to today," said Weed. "I've spent my entire working life doing the one thing I love, never holding a job outside of radio."

He addded, "I've been truly blessed to have worked with so many gifted and talented people throughout my career, and I hope along the way I've helped some advance their own careers."

Weed is off to Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment