The increase is attributed to the ever-more creative campaigning waged by nominees as well as the newly offered online voting mechanism in addition to texting.
The inductees by public vote are:
Music Format On-Air Personality
- Bobby Bones, The Bobby Bones Show; syndicated by Premiere Networks
- Bill Handel, The Bill Handel Show; KFI AM 640 Los Angeles; Handel on the Law; syndicated by Premiere Networks
The inductees by this panel are:
- Tom Barnard, The Tom Barnard Show, KQRS-FM Minneapolis Active Local/Regional, 10+ years
- John Records Landecker, renowned DJ, most notably on WLS-AM and WJMK-FM, Chicago Longstanding Local/Regional, 20+ years
- Sean Hannity, The Sean Hannity Show; syndicated by Premiere Networks Active Network/Syndication, 10+ years
- Robin Quivers, The Howard Stern Show; SiriusXM Longstanding Network/Syndication, 20+ years
Those inductees are:
- Joseph M. Field, Chairman/Founder Entercom Communications Corp.
- Robert S. “Bob” Sievers, the late legendary Fort Wayne, Indiana air personality who was on WOWO Radio for 51 years.
The black-tie optional induction ceremony takes place at the home of the National Radio Hall of Fame – the Museum of Broadcast Communications in downtown Chicago on Nov. 2. Tickets are now available at www.radiohof.org. A portion of ticket purchases is a tax deductible charitable donation to the Museum.
Leading radio imaging and production company The Mix Group is the presenting sponsor of the National Radio Hall of Fame Induction ceremony.