The survey also found that 54% of adults report that they have Netflix in their household, while 53% have a DVR. This is the first time that households with Netflix (including those sharing passwords) have surpassed the level of those with a DVR. In 2011, 44% of TV households had a DVR and 28% had Netflix.
These findings are based on a survey of 1,211 households throughout the United States, and are part of LRG's study, On-Demand TV XV. This is LRG's fifteenth annual study on this topic.
Other related findings include:
- 64% of households get a subscription video on-Demand (SVOD) service from Netflix, Amazon Prime, and/or Hulu -- 51% of all adults stream any of these services on a monthly basis
- 23% of all adults stream Netflix daily -- compared to 6% in 2011
- 81% of Netflix streaming users watch Netflix on a TV set
- 64% of pay-TV subscribers have a DVR -- compared to 49% in 2011
- 60% of DVR households have DVR on more than one TV -- compared to 33% in 2011
- 65% of all cable and Telco video subscribers have used VOD from their current provider
- 58% of all cable subscribers used VOD in the past month -- compared to 42% in 2011