Friday, January 20, 2017

Portland OR Radio: Mark Mason Returns To KEX-AM

Mark Mason
iHM's NewsRadio KEX 1190 AM, Portland’s News, Traffic & Weather station, announced Thursday the debut of the Mark Mason Show, a new midday program with local on-air personality Mark Mason, effective immediately.

Mason, who will return to the station after a three-year hiatus, will broadcast weekdays from noon to 3 p.m.

“We are thrilled to have Mark back home at KEX where he belongs. The place just hasn’t been the same without him,” said Cort Webber, Program Director for News Radio 1190 KEX. “We’re excited to kick off a new year and a new administration with a new show from an old friend.”

Previously, Mason co-hosted News Radio 1190 KEX’s Mark and Dave Show for 18 years with Dave Anderson, who passed away in 2016 from pancreatic cancer.

“After I lost my good friend and co-host Dave Anderson, my perspective on life changed and I wanted to return the Portland community that embraced me,” said Mason. “I’m excited to return to the KEX family and bring my 100% hate-free brand of talk radio back to Portland.”

KEX 1190 AM (50 Kw, DA=N)
Mason will continue to serve as the public address announcer for the Portland Trailblazers, a role he has held for 21 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment