Monday, January 16, 2017

NYC Radio: Gov. Christie Hints At Radio Career

Chris Christie
In a 20-minute phone call to Mike Francesa's sports-talk radio show Friday, NJ Gov. Chris Christie sounded open to the idea of taking over Francesa's program next year -- or at least to launching some kind of broadcasting career once his final term is up.

The New Jersey governor said he "can't imagine" ever running for elected office of any kind again.

The Republican governor, who hasn't held a news conference in 129 days, ended up chatting about a number of topics -- including the rumor that he might fill Francesa's seat after the host leaves his program on WFAN 660 AM / 101.9 FM in December after 30 years.

Francesca's departure nearly coincides with the end of Christie's second and final term on Jan. 18, 2018. And speculation about what Christie will do next has been rampant.


Christie, a major sports fan who has often guest-hosted on another WFAN show, "Boomer & Carton," told Francesa he has three criteria for his next job: "One, I want to have fun. Two, I want to make money. And three, I want to be able to spend more time with my kids."

Francesa responded: "I can think of a job that fills all those -- the one that I'm going to vacate on the 15th of December. You have been mentioned as a candidate."

"I can tell you this: You and I are speculated about what we're going to do next as much or more than anyone in this New York metropolitan area," Christie replied. "And only you and I know what we're willing to do and what we're not willing to do."

"But I'm gonna have wide-open ears," he added. "It's the first time I'm a free agent."

No comments:

Post a Comment