Monday, December 7, 2015

Nick Cannon Returns To Radio..Sort of

Nick Cannon
Nick Cannon stopped by the Howard Stern Show last week to promote his role in Spike Lee's new film, "Chi-Raq," and also exclusively told Howard that he has been named the Chief Creative Officer of RadioShack.

"I'm putting the radio back in RadioShack!" he exclaimed.

The company -- which in February of 2015 was delisted from the NYSE and days later announced they filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection -- is seeking to revamp its image with a new face.

Nick also told Howard that he actually has a personal connection to the company too. "My grandfather, when I was eight years old, was killed," Cannon explained. "But he was a musician and he left me all of this equipment from RadioShack -- keyboards, mixers, all this stuff I didn't know how to use. And I had to go to the local RadioShack down the street and the guy there taught me how to use everything. This was like, my connection to my grandfather ... They help you, unlike the Apple Store. They actually show you how to work everything."


"RadioShack is a brand that matters," said Nick Cannon. "As a kid, spending time in my neighborhood RadioShack was invaluable.  The maker mentality and educational approach taught me a lot and encouraged me to explore my own creativity. In return I wanted to give back by fostering creative pursuits in others, and helping kids move to the next level. I've been able to do that with my company, NCredible, and I'm proud to do even more as Chief Creative Officer for RadioShack."

"Nick Cannon is one of today's most successful personalities in the entertainment industry and the picture of a RadioShack success story," said Michael Tatelman, RadioShack's Chief Marketing Officer. "Throughout our history, RadioShack has sought to inspire, educate and innovate through our different programs and products. With Cannon's innate, innovative drive and authentic connection to RadioShack, he is the perfect person to join our team. RadioShack is back."

Cannon will focus on developing new products to inspire and educate the next generation. Details will be announced in the near future.

"RadioShack and I are going to create a lot of cool things together in the coming months, and I can't wait to tell you all about it," added Nick Cannon.

No comments:

Post a Comment