Friday, December 11, 2015

L-A Radio: Letty B New Midday Host At KIIS-FM

Letty B
Top40 102.7 KIIS 102.7 FM has announced that Letty B has been named the new mid-day host, effective immediately. Letty will host weekdays from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. PST.

Letty has a long history at KIIS, having started as a Promotions Assistant almost 10 years ago and having served as a part-time fill-in personality at the station for the past six months.  She was born and raised in LA.

While attending school at Cal State Long Beach, she joined KIIS FM as part of the Street Team, and eventually received a degree in Broadcast Journalism.  Post-graduation, Letty held down the mid-day slot at stations in Palm Springs, Monterey and San Francisco before returning home to KIIS earlier this year.

“When Letty was on our Street Team, she came in my office and said, ‘I wanna be on the air,’” said John Ivey, Senior Vice President of Programming at iHeartMedia and Program Director of KIIS FM.

“I told her that was great, but she’d have to leave to get her start.  She did what we’ve all done, paid her dues, worked hard in other markets and earned her way back to Los Angeles.  This is great day for KIIS, as we have another talent that really knows and loves the station, and is achieving her life goal by working here full time ON THE AIR!”

KIIS 102.7 FM (8 Kw) Red=Local Coverage
“Growing up in Los Angeles, it was always my dream to be on the air at KIIS.  Leaving to start my career was the scariest things I’ve done, but I always knew I’d be back," said Letty.

"I am very fortunate to have a mentor in John Ivey, and I never stopped bugging him with air checks.  Words can’t describe how excited and humbled I am to be a part of this legendary station alongside amazing talent that I have looked up to for years.”

No comments:

Post a Comment