Friday, December 11, 2015

Milwaukee Radio: Bill Michaels Recovering From Accident

Bill Michaels
An unusual accident has kept WSSP 1270 / 105.7 FM the Fan's popular radio host Bill Michaels off-air for a few days. The day after he covered the Green Bay Packers thrilling Hail Mary win over the Detroit Lions, he was rushed to a Cincinnati hospital.

"Doing post game show after the Packers won -- and from there, I left," Michaels said.

After the game, Michaels traveled to his hometown of Cincinnati last Friday, December 4th, bringing with him a housewarming gift for a friend -- a snowblower.

When he arrived in Cincinnati, he tried to start the snowblower, and he was left with a torn triceps and a severe concussion.

"A friend of mine bought a new house and I had a snowblower that I hadn't used in two years and I said 'here, I will give it to you -- it's a really nice one' and I couldn't get the thing to start," Michaels said. "When I went to pull to start it, the electrical box on the side of the house that has the glass bubble, I pulled so hard I hit the corner with my bicep," Michaels said.

Michaels says he tore his triceps and punctured a nerve. He then collapsed, and hit his head on the concrete -- which led to a severe concussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment