Monday, March 11, 2013

Valerie Harper Counting Her Blessings

Valerie Harper
Actress Valerie Harper, who revealed last week she has terminal brain cancer and perhaps only three months to live, said Monday she feels good, counts her blessings and hopes for a miracle, reports David Hinckley at nydailynews.com.

Still, she told a national TV audience Monday on the syndicated "The Doctors," she had a bad moment when she got the diagnosis - and when she thinks ahead to things she wants to do next month, she has to "hope I'll still be around."

After first hearing the news, she said, "I broke down. I absolutely sobbed. I let myself do it. Then I said, 'Okay, you've been the drama queen. Now get over it and do the pasta.' "

Harper also spoke with Savannah Guthrie on NBC's "Today" show Monday and delivered the same upbeat message.


"I'm not dying until I do," she told Guthrie. "I have an intention to live each moment fully."

In a full-hour segment of "The Doctors," Harper was visited by her husband Tony Cacciotti and her co-star on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show," Cloris Leachman.

She also got a phone call from another former co-star, Ed Asner, who joked, "It's time to dump Tony and move in with me."

No comments:

Post a Comment