Saturday, June 30, 2018

Twin Cities Radio: WCCO's John Hines Retiring From Daily Show


Twin Cities radio and TV mainstay John Hines, who has been with WCCO 830 AM since 2009, announced Friday he will be leaving his 9 a.m. to noon daily show at the end of the summer.

Hines, who was the first non-journalist embedded with soldiers in Iraq, has previously hosted shows on WWTC, KSTP-AM, KSTP-TV, WLOL and K102.

He was a 2017 inductee into the Minnesota Broadcasting Hall of Fame.

“I am thankful to the many listeners who have supported me over the years and to WCCO in allowing me the opportunity to extend my career these past years. I am also pleased that WCCO has invited me to stay on in a part-time/fill in capacity,” Hines said in a news release.

WCCO program director Lindsey Peterson confirmed Friday that Hines will be scaling back his workload and moving to a part-time on-air role

No comments:

Post a Comment