Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Chicago Radio: Sports Talker Dave Juday OUT At WMVP

Dave Juday
Dave Juday an 18-year-old veteran at sports WMVP 1000 AM has parted company with ESPN 1000.

In A Facebook page message, Juday that Monday was his last day.

"After almost 19 years on the AM-1000 frequency, and approximately 61,000 SportsCenter updates, I will be signing off & going in search of my next opportunity."

Juday was thankful for having the chance to "grow up" as a broadcaster at ESPN 1000.  He also acknowledged the many people that I've been privileged to work with over the years, beginning with Greg Solk, Jim Modelski & Barry Butler, the trio that helped get me from WNDE in Indianapolis to WMVP in Chicago. Without them taking a shot on a 22-year-old "kid" who had dreams of being a sportscaster in his hometown, the last 19 years might never had happened."


As for what's next, he admitted he's ot sure. I've known for a few months that this day was coming & I've been proactively "pounding the pavement."

No comments:

Post a Comment