Monday, January 20, 2014

Howard Stern Happy He Stayed With Radio

The King of All Media tells new issue of Billboard that he consider shifting to TV, but is happy he didn't.

“Radio seemed like security,” Stern, who turned 60 last week, said. “TV seemed like a tricky game where they bail on you in one second. Look at what they did to Chevy Chase. [In 1993], they gave him a talk show and, nine weeks later, they’re badmouthing him. Nine weeks earlier they were saying Chevy was the savior of late night.”

“I still feel like I have a lot to learn,” Howard Stern says in the new Billboard magazine. “I still look back and say, I f—ed that up.’ You’ve got to care. It would be very easy not to care, but it was never for me to get into radio for the money. It’s because I really cared about it, the medium. I thought I could be my funniest, my best, on the radio, not anywhere else.”


Stern will broadcast his big Jan. 31 birthday bash live from Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC on SiriusXM.

No comments:

Post a Comment