Thursday, January 23, 2014

Glenn Beck Has Regrets

He Says He Helped 'Tear the Country Apart'

TV and radio personality Glenn Beck said in an unexpected mea culpa to Fox News Channel's Megyn Kelly Tuesday night (January 21st) that he regrets some of his time as a show host at the network, saying he contributed to dividing the nation.

He told Kelly, "I remember it as an awful lot of fun and that I made an awful lot of mistakes. I think I played a role, unfortunately, in helping tear the country apart."

Talking about what he'd do differently if he could do it again, Beck -- who made clear he wasn't making generalizations about Fox itself -- stated, "I wish I could go back and be more uniting in my language. I didn’t realize how really fragile the people were. I thought we were kind of a little more in it together. And now I look back and I realize if we could have talked about the uniting principles a little bit more, instead of just the problems, I think I would look back on it a little more fondly."

Beck had a show on Fox from 2009 to 2011, which drew attention for its controversial and sometimes inflammatory rhetoric as well as for its high ratings. After leaving the network, he started his own Internet-based radio and TV program.

No comments:

Post a Comment