Friday, November 30, 2012

Atlanta’s Jenn Hobby Moving ‘Across The Hall’

That didn't take long.

Jenn Hobby, who announced her ‘retirement’ from WWWQ Q100’s Bert Show just this past Monday, has a new gig.

She’s moving about 25-feet across the hall to WKHX Country Kick 101.5 for the mid-day shift.  Former mid-dayyer Sari Rose reportedly was let go Wednesday.

Hobby made the change public this morning on The Bert Show.  She also posted the news on her website:
"I am excited to share with you that I'm joining the Kicks 101.5 family! I'm honored to be the newest member of the Best Country Music Station in Atlanta
I'll be on the team hosting the midday show from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. starting on December 10th. I am looking forward to showcasing country artists, their dynamic lives, and their music with some special features coming up next year on my show...so stay tuned for more! 
As I move into this new stage of my career, I am thankful to stay with the Cumulus Media family. All my radio friends with The Bert Show & Q100, Rock 100.5, 680 The Fan, 98.9 The Bone and All News 106.7 will be right down the hall. 
This is such a wonderful time of change for our family - my husband and I are expecting our first child and our family is growing! At the same time, growing into my new role in my Cumulus family just feels right. 
As Alan Jackson would sing, "She's Gone Country...The Whole World's Gone Country!" Goodbye high heels...hello cowboy boots!"
Although she’s never been a solo music jock, Hobby expressed excitement working with country artists.

Rodney Ho at ajc.com reports Hobby is the second Bert Show member to leave the show but stay in the same building. Kicks 101.5 and Q100 are both owned by Atlanta-based Cumulus Media. Melissa Carter, who left the Bert Show last year after a decade, joined the new all news 106.7 station earlier this year as an afternoon news anchor.

Read More Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment