Monday, January 6, 2020

Meat Loaf Goes Vegan, But No...He Won't Do That


Rock artist Meat Loaf has gone vegan for Veganuary but he won't be changing his name to a plant-based alternative, fans may be relieved to know, reports Insider.

The 'Bat out of Hell' singer, whose real name is Marvin Lee Aday, refused to rebrand himself as "Veg Loaf" while ditching meat as part of a Frankie & Benny's restaurant campaign.

The 72-year-old agreed to promote the chain's new range, which includes a vegan hot dog, calzone and "cheesy" potato skins.

However, he told the Daily Star: "When Frankie & Benny's first approached me to rebrand to Veg Loaf I said no way in hell.

"But, I'd do anything for our planet and dropping meat for veg, even for just one day a week, can make a huge difference."

The man who penned 'I would do anything for love' is no stranger to plant-based diets, having previously renounced meat for 11 years.

He told the Mirror a harrowing restaurant experience in 1981 changed his attitude to food for more than a decade.

"I ordered rabbit and they served it with its head on, no ears and its eyes closed," he said.

"I said, 'Take this away and I want vegetables and a salad,' and from that moment I became vegetarian for maybe 11 years."

No comments:

Post a Comment