The YES Network is enjoying its best start to the New York Yankees season since 2012, with the network's Yankees game ratings through April 30 up by 9% year-over-year in the New York DMA.
YES' Yankees games averaged a 3.71 TV Household rating through April 30 of this year, compared to a 3.39 rating during the same period last season.
- YES finished the month of April with a 3.71 average TV Household rating in the New York DMA for its New York Yankees telecasts, YES' best Yankees start since 2012
- The 3.71 rating was a 9% increase from the same period in the 2017 season, when YES averaged a 3.39
- Nine YES Yankees telecasts this season have averaged a 4.0 rating or greater, while just three such telecasts achieved a 4.0 rating over the same period in 2017
- YES' Yankees Pre-Game Show ratings through April 30 were up 20% year-over-year (.90 vs. .75) and marked the network's best Pre-Game Show ratings through April 30 since the 2010 season
- YES' Yankees Post-Game Show ratings through April 30 were up 6% year-over-year (1.34 vs. 1.26) and marked the network's best Post-Game Show ratings through April 30 since the 2012 season
- YES' Yankees Batting Practice Today ratings through April 30 were up 7% year-over-year (.45 vs. .42) and marked the best start ever since this show debuted on YES in 2002
Ratings for The Michael Kay Show for the month of April 2018 (.35) were the best April ratings for any radio simulcast on YES since the network launched in 2002. The .35 rating marks a 21% increase over the same period last year (.29)
Source: Nielsen, Yankees on YES (In-game & Live Studio Shows), Average Quarter-Hour (AQH) Rating, NY DMA, Live +SD