Radio Advertising Bureau (RAB), Broadcast Music, Inc. and the Mentoring and Inspiring Women in Radio Group (MIW) will present the 11th annual “Rising Through the Ranks” Seminar on August 15-16 at BMI’s Nashville office.
As in years past, BMI will offer 20 scholarships for this year's program. These scholarships cover the cost of the professional development course which is designed to foster and educate current and emerging female radio managers within broadcast radio.
Sessions at this year’s seminar will include, among others:
- The Role of Today's Radio Manager
- Managing Up and Down
- Having Difficult Conversations
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Recruiting, Hiring, and Firing
- Women in the Radio Workplace
- Building Your Personal Brand
Featured speakers include:
- Hartley Adkins, president integrated revenue strategy, iHeartMedia, Inc.
- Lindsay Cerajewski, general sales manager, Entercom
- Joe D'Angelo, SVP of Broadcast Radio, Xperi Inc. DTS/HD Radio
- Erica Farber, president and CEO, RAB
- Brandeis C. Hall, vice president, professional development, RAB
- Laurie Kahn, founder/chief multi-tasker, Media Staffing Network
- Angela Kluke, director, training & product development - sales, My Broadcasting Corporation
- Rita Landells, member response director, RAB
- Val Maki, president and COO, Brandovation
- Denyse Mesnik, president, The Mesnik Group
- Ginny Morris, chairperson & CEO, Hubbard Broadcasting, Inc.
- Shayna Sharpe, chief executive officer, Regional Reps; Dan Spears, vice president, licensing, BMI, and
- Erika Sylvia, controller, Emmis Communications
Scholarship applications and registration are available at www.rab.com and will be accepted April 30, through June 6, 2018, 5:00PM CST. Scholarship recipients will be notified of their selection by Wednesday, June 27. Learn more at www.rab.com.