Wednesday, May 16, 2018
CBS Breaks Silence on 'NCIS' Star Pauley Perrette's Allegations
CBS has broken its silence about recent allegations made by “NCIS” actress Pauley Perrette in which she claimed that she left the show after 16 seasons over “multiple physical assaults.”
The 49-year-old star released a series of ominous tweets days after her character’s final appearance on the fan-beloved procedural. In them, she alleged on-set abuse that she claimed was being covered up by a “machine” run by “a very rich, very powerful” publicity entity. The words were a stark contrast to the seemingly amicable split that both she and CBS previously depicted with regards to her exit from the show.
“Pauley Perrette had a terrific run on ‘NCIS’ and we are all going to miss her,” a statement from CBS to Fox News read. “Over a year ago, Pauley came to us with a workplace concern. We took the matter seriously and worked with her to find a resolution. We are committed to a safe work environment on all our shows.”
CBS would not comment on follow-up questions about the nature of the workplace complaint or exactly what kind of resolution was met. However, if Perrette really is hinting that she left the show based on an on-set incident, the timeline would hold up.
CBS said the incident happened a year ago, around the time that Perrette previously said she made the decision to leave the show.
Meanwhile, Perrette’s ex-husband claims she penned “handwritten death threats” against him because he filed for divorce from him, according to The Blast. Musician Coyote Shivers has filed a personal injury case against her, accusing her of trying to harm his reputation. The pair were married from 2000-2006. She has previously accused him of harassing her.
Posted 3:09:00 AM