Friday, December 8, 2017

Cleveland Radio: WNCX Host Michael Stanley Has By-Pass Surgery

Michael Stanley
Cleveland radio personality Michael Stanley shared some health news on Thursday.

The 69-year-old announced that he will be away from his role as a host at WNCX while he recovers from quadruple bypass surgery.

“Unfortunately, I’ve now moved on to coronary bypass surgery. I thought, “ya know, there are guys out here getting double bypasses, I don’t want to be the low man on the totem pole so I said ‘let’s go for four!'” Stanley wrote on the WNCX website.

More than 25 years ago, Stanley suffered a major heart attack. Stanley was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2016.

Michael Stanley posted the following on the WNCX website:
Hey ‘NCX listeners. You may have heard that there have been a few things go wrong in my life here–that would be right.  Bill and I have tried to do our part in filling you in on our battles with prostate cancer.  As you know, I am done with that, I’ve moved on. Unfortunately, I’ve now moved on to coronary bypass surgery.  I thought, “ya know, there are guys out here getting double bypasses, I don’t want to be the low man on the totem pole so I said ‘let’s go for four!’” 
Nevertheless, it could be a while until I get back to full strength here. So I know you all took care of your prostates earlier – Bill and I are very glad about that – now go get your heart checked! 
I’d like to thank all the well-wishers for your phone calls, texts and emails.
You guys keep rockin’ and I will talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment