Monday, February 16, 2015

Phoenix Radio: Mega Morning Host Alex Santa Maria Retires

Alex Santa Maria
Radio personality Alex Santa Maria, a presence on Phonix radio for more than 30 years, announced his retirement during a Valentine's Day concert on Friday at US Airways Center.

"Tonight after 37 years on the radio in Phoenix, I announced my retirement," the 52-year-old said in a post added to his page during the early morning hours on Saturday, Feb. 14. "Thanks to you Arizona!! Thank you for allowing me to be part of your family for you have been mine."

During an interview on Saturday, he talked more about the decision.

"I know a lot of people have jobs that suck," he said. "I know my job is pretty easy compared to some guy swinging a hammer for a living. I still love the music, but lately I would be looking at the clock, and man, that's when you know it's time to go home."

He is considered on old-school music expert, and has spent the past 14 years with KAJM 94.3 FM /Mega.

Santa Maria was the Mega's morning personality "the Manic Hispanic" and AZCentral.com reports his will take over the AM spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment