Saturday, December 6, 2014

MA Radio: WBSM Fires Talker Pete Braley

Pete Braley
Well-known New Beford, MA radio personality Pete Braley was let go from WBSM 1420 AM Friday morning after 25 years of service.

“I was fired ... I’m quite devastated,” the 53-year-old told SunCoastToday.com, “I never even had the chance to say goodbye to our wonderful audience.”

Braley said General Manager Mark Stachowski informed him of the company’s decision to “eliminate the position” around 10:15 a.m. after Braley completed his final edition of the morning show at the station.

Stachowski did not return calls for comment but sent a statement via email: “Mr. Braley is no longer with the company. We thank him for his contributions to WBSM and wish him well in his future endeavors. Tune in Monday to find out about the morning show.”

Braley was the brand manager, which he said meant he was in charge of “how we sounded and how we looked.” He said he was shocked and hasn’t thought about what he will do next.

Mayor Jon Mitchell said he will miss Braley’s “warm and affable voice” every morning.

“I am very disappointed,” he said. “Pete has been a cornerstone of the community for more than 20 years. I have the utmost respect for the work he did as a talk show host and the efforts he spearheaded for worthy causes in our community.”

9 comments:

  1. Maybe all the advertisers should pull all their ads off the radio. Pete should never have been fired!!! Is that how management treats their loyal help?? BRING PETE BACK. I am very disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that happened. I listened to WBSM because with Pete it was a perfect day. Kasey is a pretty girl but I'm sure she will never replace Pete. I'll be looking for another station to listen too. Ed Swat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will no longer be patronizing any of the advertisers on WBSM .This is un-American.
    I'm sorry but I have to take a stand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No longer will I listen to WBSM. Everyone should take a stand against this type of management at that radio station.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I listened to Pete every morning. Kasey seems like a nice girl but inexperienced. I will listen to another show from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If Pete is that great he will get a job elsewhere people. I just don't understand how much people fight change out here. Embrace change and give it a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pete Braley was the last of the real professional radio talk show hosts on wbsm. The rest are second rate except for Phil P. and for the life of me I can't figure why he didn't quit. The only reason that could explain this situation is money. Look out for the coorporate sharks after your 50 years old at any large company. Money, salary, benefits are accruded with time and become the number one reason for dismissal. Lets wish Mark Stachowski a very Merry Christmas! HA

    ReplyDelete
  8. I listen to wbsm every morning for 20 years to start my morning with aa Holsom frendly guy Pete Braley good luck Pete good by wbsm I and my family will move on to other stations by j santos

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't understand why Pete Braley has not posted anything under his Twitter account to all of his fans. No one can stop him from posting from his personal twitter account. Something is not adding up here...

    ReplyDelete