Tuesday, April 4, 2023

NYC Radio: Woman Attempts Attack On Z100's Elvis Duran


A woman tried to attack famed radio host Elvis Duran in New York City on Monday.

The NY Post reports the WHTZ Z100 morning personality explained on his show Tuesday that he was turning onto 14th St. at 6th Ave. when the aggressor approached him.

“Her fist comes toward my face, and it’s holding, like, a sharp object, and she tries to cut my face,” he told listeners.

“I put my arm up, and I stopped her from doing it, and she did it to the woman behind her. We were all shocked.”

Duran, 58, said the attack happened “so fast” and the mystery assailant “was gone as fast as she appeared.”

"She almost cut me. It is crazy!” he continued. “I hope no one else got hurt.”

Duran also shared that he talked about the incident with a group of people at a gym who told him mental illness must have been a factor, which did not excuse the behavior from his perspective.  “I understand the component of mental illness,” he said, “but at same time, just because you’re mentally ill doesn’t give you the right to be a total a–hole and start slashing people.”

No comments:

Post a Comment