Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Tampa Bay Radio: Jack Harris OUT At WFLA Radio


Jack Harris, longtime host of the AM Tampa Bay talk radio show for NewsRadio 970 WFLA, says he has been fired.  

Jack Harris
“After I signed off from my show at 7 a.m. today, iHeartRadio bosses told me that they were cutting back on expenses and had to let me go,” said Harris, 81, who has been with the station off and on since 1970, including the last 29 years. “I didn’t think I was that big of a burden on them. I was making a seventh of what I made three or four years ago.”

Harris was shocked by the decision and wished that they’d given him one more show to say goodbye to his fans, reports The Tampa Bay Tiimes.

“Just tell them that they have been great to me over the years,” he said of his fans. “They are what I will miss most.”

On Twitter, Ryan Gorman wrote that his “The Ryan Gorman Show,” which has been airing weekdays from 7 to 10 a.m., will take Harris’ time slot. His show will now run from 5 to 9 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment