Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Lubbock Radio: Stalker Enters Home Of KBTE Personality

Amy O
Radio Personality Amy Olivares, or Amy O as she goes on-air, loves radio and loves her listeners on Alpha Media's KBTE 104.9 The Beat. She said she has been in the business for more than 20 years and never expected one of her listeners to become a stalker.

She says it started off harmless, according to KCBD-TV11 in Lubbock.

“He went to showing up to remotes, to bringing me flowers, to bringing me coffee, and bringing me something to eat," Olivares said. "Things that I never asked for, but I was being polite and saying thanks.”

According to LPD investigator Josh Franco, this is how a stalker starts.

“They terrorize their victims by sending them bears, unwanted gifts, food, drinks or just showing up at their employment," Franco said. "And just sitting in the parking lot watching every move.”

Alleged Stalker
That is what happened to Olivares. She said what seemed harmless, quickly became dangerous.

According to the police report filed that night, Amy heard the suspect in her home. When she screamed, he ran down the stairs and out her front door.

He got away, but the report says police found a ladder leaning up against Amy’s patio and believe that’s how he got into her upstairs bedroom. Amy said after she thought that would be the end of it, but she was wrong.

“I got text messages from him of pictures of me from my patio window looking in and I remember from the text messages him saying ‘now do I have your attention’ then from him saying ‘I’m going to bring in the bigger guns,’" Olivares said. "He then sent me the same picture from the same angle, but now he’s inside my house while I’m asleep.”

Police report Chad Edward Joyce was arrested for stalking in relation to Olivare’s case. He was later released on a $3,000 bond. Olivares said she has secured a protective order against him.

No comments:

Post a Comment