Blake Shelton may have taken home the top honor at Wednesday night's CMT Awards, but it was Carrie Underwood that made history with her 18th win.
"I've been doing this for 18 years. I have been making records, lucky enough that you guys have accepted them and country radio has played them and CMT has played my videos," Shelton said as he accepted his fan-voted award. "It's been a crazy ride and I gotta say, it's so cool to sit up here tonight with this new generation."
Underwood extended her run as the most decorated artist in the history of the fan-voted award show when she won Female Video of the Year. The singer also received a standing ovation for her performance of "Cry Pretty."
Hosts Little Big Town, also winners of Group Video of the Year, kicked off the night with a spoof of the royal wedding which included Darius Rucker dressed up as Queen Elizabeth and Florida Georgia Line as Princes William and Harry.
After the royal sketch, Little Big Town took the stage to perform their hit single "Summer Fever" live from Nashville's Bridgestone Arena.
The first award of the night went to Backstreet Boys and Florida Georgia Line for Best Performance.
Another big win went to former middle school classmates Kane Brown and Lauren Alaina for their hit duet "What Ifs."
"I just got to thank everybody especially Lauren for jumping on the song with me," Brown said. "Thanks for all of our fans that voted. This is my first award that I've ever won."
Later in the show, Carly Pearce won Breakthrough Video of the Year and thanked the "guy that broke my heart."
Other performers included Chris Stapleton, Kelly Clarkson, Sam Hunt, Luke Bryan, the Backstreet Boys, Kelsea Ballerini, Dierks Bentley and Darius Rucker.
Here’s a complete list of winners:
- Video of the Year: Blake Shelton, “I’ll Name the Dogs”
- Male Video of the Year: Blake Shelton, “I’ll Name the Dogs”
- Collaborative Video of the Year: Kane Brown featuring Lauren Alaina, “What Ifs”
- Female Video of the Year: Carrie Underwood featuring Ludacris, “The Champion”
- Group Video of the Year: Little Big Town, “When Someone Stops Loving You”
- Duo Video of the Year: Dan + Shay, “Tequila”
- Breakthrough Video of the Year: Carly Pearce, “Every Little Thing”
- CMT Performance of the Year: Backstreet Boys and Florida Georgia Line, “Everybody” (From CMT Crossroads)