O’Reilly’s first appearance since being fired last week by Fox News’ parent company was not on television — where he inhabited the most prominent perch in cable TV for the better part of 20 years — but an audio podcast made available through his website.
“I am sad that I’m not on television any more,” a somewhat subdued O’Reilly told listeners who tuned in to his 19-minute “No Spin News” podcast. “I was very surprised how it all turned out. I can’t say a lot because there’s much stuff going on right now.”
According to The LATimes, O’Reilly promised that fans who sign up for his subscription service would eventually learn his side of the sexual harassment scandal that derailed his Fox News career.
“I’m very confident the truth will come out,” he said. “I don’t know if you’re going to be surprised — but I think you’re going to be shaken as I am.”
O’Reilly’s “No Spin News” columns have been a regular feature on his website since 2009. But on Monday, O’Reilly and his team put added emphasis on his newly launched daily podcast. The first installment is being offered free for several days.
The episodes eventually will grow in length, O'Reilly said, and evolve into a “genuine news program” for subscribers who agree to pay $4.95 a month or $49.95 for an annual “premium membership.”
➤Click Here for text of O'Reilly's first podcast.