Monday, November 4, 2013

Toronto Radio: CFMJ Claims Mayor Called-In Using Fake Name

CFMJ 640 AM host Bill Carroll is convinced embattled Toronto Mayor Rob Ford Called-in last week to defend himself using a fake name

The mayor, who allegedly was videotaped smoking crack in a video now in police possession, reportedly called the radio show as “Ian.”



CFMJ Coverage (RadioLocator)
“Ian’s” defense was basically that he didn’t know he was being videotaped and he wasn’t smoking crack cocaine but he said the mayor can’t be fired for this transgression.

“He has personal problems,” he said. “By the way, if you think you can fire somebody because they had a personal problem with something like this, substance abuse — in a union, you can’t.”

Then the Carroll was on to him.

“Rob. Mayor Ford, I know your voice, this is you isn’t it, Mayor Ford?”

Then “Ian” hung up.

Meanwhile on his own radio show Sundayon CFRB 1010 AM, Toronto Mayor Rob Ford apologized to the people of Toronto, saying he’s “made mistakes” but that he will continue to do “the job I was elected to do three years ago.”

“Unfortunately, I cannot change the past,” Ford said at the start of his weekly radio show on Newstalk 1010. “I can just move forward and learn from the past which I’ll assure I am doing.”

“There’s no one to blame but myself and I take full responsibility for it,” he said, without immediately specifying why he was apologizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment