Monday, October 7, 2013

Madonna Recalls Rape

In a new essay published in Harper's Bazaar magazine, Madonna recalls the rape she suffered many years ago, when she lived in New York City.

Accordong to otrc.com, the 55-year-old pop superstar, who is originally from Michigan, had moved to the city in the 1970s to pursue a dance and music career. She graces the cover of Harper's Bazaar's November 2013 issue. Excerpts from her essay were posted on the outlet's website on Oct. 4.

"New York wasn't everything I thought it would be. It did not welcome me with open arms. The first year, I was held up at gunpoint. Raped on the roof of a building I was dragged up to with a knife in my back, and had my apartment broken into three times," she wrote in Harper's Bazaar in a story published on Friday, Octs November 2013 issue, which features her on the cover. (Warning: She uses explicit language in her story)

"I don't know why; I had nothing of value after they took my radio the first time," she added.

The 2007 Madonna biography "Madonna: Like an Icon," written by British author Lucy O'Brien, stated that a man grabbed the singer in a "run-down part" of New York City, led her at knifepoint to the roof of a building and forced her to perform oral sex on him.

Read More Now

No comments:

Post a Comment