Friday, October 5, 2012

Robin Roberts Said To Be Recovering Well


Robin Roberts is doing well in the wake of her September 20th bone-marrow transplant. The Good Morning America revealed on Thursday that she's been making progress over the past couple of weeks.

In a blog post, Roberts, 51, wrote, "Today is what I like to call "Thankful Thursday, aka Friday Eve." I have been in the hospital 25 days now. My bone marrow transplant took place exactly two weeks ago. The only numbers that matter are my blood counts and they are ... GREAT! My sister Sally-Ann's stem cells apparently feel right at home in my body -- an answer to so many prayers."

She added, "I am hopeful that I MAY be well enough to continue my recovery at home next week and my sister's plan to come back to NYC for that milestone in my journey. I truly FEEL and thank you for your love, prayers and good wishes. And I return it to you tenfold. Light Love Power Presence. XO"

Earlier this year, Roberts revealed that she was diagnosed with a rare blood disorder called myelodysplastic syndrome, for which she needed the transplant.

No comments:

Post a Comment