Friday, July 24, 2020

TV Viewer Spots Lump On WFLA Reporter

Victoria Price
A Tampa Florida news reporter has an eagle-eyed viewer to thank for her cancer diagnosis.

USAToday reports WFLA-TV8 reporter Victoria Price revealed on Twitter that she will undergo surgery Monday to remove a cancerous tumor from her neck, in addition to her thyroid and some lymph nodes, after a concerned viewer brought it to her attention following an on-air broadcast.

"A viewer emailed me last month," Price wrote Thursday. "She saw a lump on my neck. Said it reminded her of her own. Hers was cancer. Turns out, mine is too."

The investigative reporter said she's been so consumed with covering the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, that she didn't even consider her own health was amiss.

But, thanks to the email, Price learned from doctors that a "tumor is in the middle of my thyroid, pushing the glands up and out," creating a "subtle protrusion" that caught the viewer's attention. And Price said she found it at a crucial time: "Doctors say it's spreading."

"Had I never received that email, I never would have called my doctor. The cancer would have continued to spread. It's a scary and humbling thought," Price said. "I will forever be grateful to the woman who went out of her way to email me, a total stranger. She had zero obligation to, but she did anyway."

No comments:

Post a Comment