Friday, December 20, 2019

Hartford Radio: Jim Vicevich Retiring From WTIC-AM

Jim Vicevich
Entercom has announced that Jim Vicevich will be retiring from News Talk WTIC 1080 AM at the end of the year. The station aired a special farewell show in his honor Thursday.

Will Marotti will succeed Vicevich on “Sound Off Connecticut.”

“We would like to extend our sincere thanks and appreciation to Jim, who has dedicated over 15 years of his career to the people of Hartford,” said Stephanie Perl, Senior Vice President and Market Manager, Entercom Hartford. “He has developed a strong bond with the local community through the show ‘Sound Off Connecticut’ and is a true media icon in the market. We thank him for all of his contributions to our station and local community and wish him all of the best.”

“While I’m sad to be leaving due to my Lupus, I’m happy that I’ve had the opportunity to entertain and interact with our audience for over 15 years,” said Vicevich. “I’m honored to be a part of this station’s great history. Very few people have had the chance to get behind the same microphone of other WTIC greats like Bob Steele and Ray Dunaway. Thank you to everyone who has played a role in making my time here special.”

Vicevich joined Entercom in 2003 as the host of “Sound Off Connecticut.” His 20-year career in television and radio includes roles with NBC Connecticut (WVIT-TV) as a financial reporter, and Connecticut Public Television as a host and co-producer. He was the first on-air reporter to exclusively cover business and the economy for Channel 3 Eyewitness News (WFSB-TV) in Connecticut. Vicevich has won three Telly Awards and has been nominated for six Emmy Awards.

“Since joining WTIC, I have said many times and continue to believe that Jim Vicevich is the best prepared man in radio,” said Will Marotti, on-air host, Entercom Hartford. “From the time I first filled in for Jim and all the way through working with him weekly in 2017 and 2018, I was always impressed by his knowledge and professionalism. I know I have huge shoes to fill, but my time with Jim has prepared me for the next chapter of our daytime show. I’m thrilled to have this opportunity to connect with our listeners every day.”

No comments:

Post a Comment