Thursday, August 15, 2019

Charlotte Radio: WBT's John Hancock Announces Retirement

John Hancock
After 29 years of conversation with the listeners, Charlotte radio legend John Hancock will air his final show on WBT 1110 AM / 99.3 FM on October 17, 2019, according to the station's website.

Inducted to the WBT Hall of Fame in 2017, John arrived in the Queen City and at WBT in December of 1990, and has helped shape the discussion in Charlotte ever since.  Having become woven into the fabric of the city, John’s unconditional commitment to the Kids First of the Carolinas holiday bike drive, his annual “Father’s Day” show, and his overwhelming service to the community have made him truly Charlotte’s Most Beloved.

“No one will know how much of his time and energy John has given to serving this community.  He is, by every measure, a success and a true Charlotte treasure,” said Matt Hanlon, Senior Vice President and Market Manager, Entercom Charlotte.



“How Lucky am I? Three decades at an historic, three letter call, 50,000 watt Blowtorch in a dynamic city of growth. I am humbled. It's just time to do something else. I've been in and around radio for almost 50 years. WBT and Entercom have been great. I'll keep a tether to the station and my clients, and to the magnificent people of Charlotte. When I set out on a radio career in 1970.[KBCO/KADE Boulder, CO, WARM, Scranton PA Y-103 WIVY, Jacksonville, FL] I could never have imagined the great people and places that would cross my path. Thank You Charlotte!!!” said John Hancock.

No comments:

Post a Comment