Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Tulsa Radio: Joe Diffie To Host Middays On KXBL-FM


Griffin Communications  has announced the addition of country music's Joe Diffie to the Big Country KXBL 99.5 airstaff.

He will host via voice-track from Nashville and his many tour stops, starting Monday April 1. Diffie will continue to perform his full slate of concert appearances.

A Tulsa native, Diffie recalls the first time he heard his music on the radio was on Big Country sister station, KVOO.

“When they played ‘Home,’ that’s when it hit me that I was on my way,” says the Grammy winner, whose debut single went straight to #1. “I’ve wanted to try my hand at voice work for a while now, so when Big Country approached me to host, it seemed like the perfect time and the perfect place. It’s even better that they’re allowing me to do it remotely so I can continue to tour as much as ever.”

“Whether I’m home in Nashville or on the road, it’s so awesome to know that my mom and family back home can listen to me every day,” Diffie said.

Brian Jennings, program director at Big Country, says “Joe’s music is a reflection of the dominance of Oklahoma artists that have become part of the country music soundtrack across the nation. And Big Country is the only station in Tulsa that is positioned to properly celebrate that legacy. Think about the influence that Oklahoma music has on the nation: Joe Diffie, Reba, Garth, Vince Gill, Toby Keith, Ronnie Dunn, Blake Shelton, Carrie Underwood…shall I go on? Having Joe on as part of the team brings Tulsa pride to his national status. I am so proud.”

No comments:

Post a Comment