Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Laran Logan Not Finished With Journalism

Lara Logan
The former CBS News foreign correspondent is ready to make her own path, she told The Hollywood Reporter’s Jeremy Barr in a 90 minute interview. She said that is working on several television projects, including one about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, THR reported.

"I'm interested in putting food on the table and also doing my job, so yes, of course, I have to consider everything," she said. "I'm a journalist, so that's always what I want to do.”

According to Politico's Morning Media newsletter, the 47-year-old also denies being contacted by Fox News, despite speculation spreading that reporter was auditioning for a role for the conservative news outlet by hitting CBS News on their coverage. She added that moving to Fox News would “make it easy” for those who are questioning her political leanings. "There are people who are dying for me to go to Fox so they can say, 'Look, I knew it.'”

Logan, who took a leave of absence in 2013 due to a retracted "60 Minutes" investigation on Benghazi, criticized Media Matters for America for painting her as a “right-winger nutter,” and reaffirmed that despite her criticisms of CBS News, she is not a political person. “I'm not Republican. I'm not a Democrat. I don't belong to a political party,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment