Saturday, January 26, 2019

St. Louis News Anchor Pulled Off Air For Alleged Slur

News/Talk KMOX 1120 AM reports FOX 2TV news personality, Kevin Steincross, has been pulled off the air indefinitely.

After negotiations with FOX2, Tribune and the St. Louis County NAACP President John Gaskin, Steincross made the announcement Friday , via video, that he would be absent from the station, for now, to regain the trust of the community.

"Station management and I have agreed that I need to step away from the anchor desk for now. I will begin working to regain your trust. I know the work I need to do will take time, and I will do everything I can to address the pain I caused."


Late last week, Steincross was accused of using a racial slur on air when mentioning Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Steincross insisted he misspoke and tripped over his words and even apologized on air.

Calls for his dismissal were almost immediate from those who claim the racial slur in question was intentional.

According to his bio, Steincross has been with FOX 2 for 22 years, beginning in 1996 and moved to the morning newscaster role in 1998.

No comments:

Post a Comment