Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Retired Teacher Helps Keith Urban Buy Coffee

Keith Urban, Ruth Reed
A retired NJ teacher helped country mega-star Keith Urban pay for a cup of coffee at a Burlington County Wawa Friday -- not realizing who the shaggy-haired singer was.

Then Urban, who played the BB&T Pavilion in Camden on Friday, posed for a picture outside the store with a blushing Ruth Reed.

According to nj.com, the picture has gone viral after being posted to a Medford Facebook group where it has generated more than 350 comments and been shared more than 3,000 times.

A former student of Reed also tweeted the photo of Reed and her explanation of what happened.

"For three years, I have made a resolution to once a week treat someone at Wawa. Occasionally it happens more than once a week," she explained. "This man was short a few dollars. He asked a lady with him if she had money. I jumped in and said I would pay and explained why. He thanked me and asked my name. I asked him his and he told me it was Keith. I said that he did look like Keith Urban. He said he was."


No comments:

Post a Comment