Monday, January 15, 2018

Boston Radio: WBZ-FM's Marc Bertrand OK After Rollover


Sports radio personality Mark "Beetle" Bertrand was injured in a crash on Route 1 in Norwood Saturday as he headed to Foxborough to host his New England Patriots pre-game show for WBZ-FM 98.5 - The Sports Hub, according to masslive.com.

In a Facebook post, Bertrand said he was in his Dodge Ram when another car exited a parking lot at "full speed" and struck the passenger side of his truck.

"I only saw the car for a split second before going for a roller coster ride when my truck rolled and eventually came to a stop on its side," Bertrand wrote on Facebook. "For reasons I cannot explain, I am relatively OK. I did sustain injuries but I have already been released from the hospital."


The radio personality, who is the co-host for "Patriots Preview" and "Patriots Postgame", said he was stuck inside his truck but firefighters were able to free him using extrication tools. He thanked Norwood Police, Fire and EMS for coming to his aid.

"Thank you to everybody who has reached out through texts, emails, tweets, etc. My phone got lost in all of this, so I'll get back to you soon, but know that I am OK," Bertrand wrote. "I hope I'm talking to everybody again on the radio this week."

Bertrand co-hosts the "Patriots Preview" and "Patriots Postgame" shows on 98.5 The Sports Hub, was involved in a rollover crash on his way to Gillette Stadium.

"For reasons I cannot explain, I am relatively OK," Bertrand wrote. "I did sustain injuries but I have already been released from the hospital."

Bertrand, who is also host of The Sports Hub’s Zolak & Bertrand show during the week, was incredibly thankful for the help he received from first responders.

No comments:

Post a Comment