Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Kansas City Radio: Danny Parkins To EXIT KCSP

Kansas City Star photo
Sports radio personality Danny Parkins is leaving KCSP 610 AM Sports after six years.

Parkins, who co-hosts "The Drive" with Carrington Harrison from 2 to 6 p.m. weekdays, has worked for KCSP since 2011, The Kansas City Star reports. He announced on the show Monday that he was "leaving 610 and Kansas City ... and the show that has changed my life both personally and professionally."

Since arriving on the scene in KC nearly six years ago, the 30-year-old Parkins has hosted afternoon show “The Drive”, with Harrison weekdays from 2p-6p CT, has enjoyed success holding the honor as being 610 Sports’ highest rated program.

Due to contractual obligations with his new employer, Parkins isn’t able to say where he’s heading yet but is hopeful that details will be available prior to his final show.

“It was tough in the sense that Kansas City has been great to me, but I think people once they see where I’m going and what I’m doing will understand why I had to do it,” Parkins said in a phone interview. “Ultimately, it was actually not that tough of decision, because the opportunity is so perfect.

“But everything else about it was very difficult, because I love the city, I love the people and I love who I work with.”

Parkins, 30, grew up in Chicago and graduated from Syracuse in 2009, and he joined KCSP in 2011. He and Carrington Harrison are co-hosts of “The Drive,” which is on the air from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. on weekdays.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article125456944.html#storylink=cpy

No comments:

Post a Comment