Friday, March 29, 2024

Philly Radio: Why Anthony Gargano Exited The Fanatic


Well-known Philadelphia sports talker Anthony Gargano has launched his first show on PHILY, a recently launched website for Philly sports fans.  Let’s explore his recent endeavors:

PHLY Show Debut:

After a settlement in the breach of contract lawsuit with former employer Beasley Media, Gargano launched his first PHLY Show Thursday morning. In this local media venture, he candidly shared his reasons for leaving 97.5 The Fanatic.

Gargano cited two main factors: According to Crossing Board website...family considerations and the evolving media landscape. He emphasized the shift toward digital platforms and the challenges faced by traditional media companies. While he roots for radio, newspapers, and television, he recognizes the boundless possibilities of the internet.

"Printing plants and (radio) signals, they’re a tough haul. The internet now is boundless, and listen, I want to make this clear, and this is true – I’m rooting for radio. I’m rooting for newspapers, rooting for television. I have countless relationships, close people, people I love, they work at WIP, they work at 97.5 the Fanatic, they work at the Inquirer, they work at Comcast SportsNet, they work at FOX 29, all the local stations, NBC 10, ABC, Channel 6, I love these people right? I want them to succeed, I want them to thrive, I want them to feed their families. Here at PHLY, we’re meant to be an addition to the marketplace, we’re here just to fill a niche that is sort of a hybrid network. The other reason I left is I’m a little goofy, and I like to satisfy my creative mind."


ALLCITY Network:

Gargano is also part of the ALL NFL show, co-hosting alongside Brian Baldinger. Baldinger, an analyst for NFL Network, FOX, and Compass Media Networks, brings his expertise to the program. The show aims to provide engaging content for football enthusiasts.

Additionally, ALL NBA features hosts Tim Legler and Adam Mares, catering to basketball fans.

PHLY Sports Podcast:

Finally, Gargano made his debut on PHLY Sports, a couple of months after the settlement. The lawsuit involved Gargano, his new employer BSN Media, and his previous employer, Beasley Media Group.

Gargano’s journey reflects the dynamic landscape of media, where creativity, freedom, and adaptability play crucial roles.

No comments:

Post a Comment