Tuesday, September 21, 2021

R.I.P.: Sarah Dash, R&B Singer, Co-Founder of Labelle

Sarah Dash

Sarah Dash, R&B singer and co-founder of Labelle best known for “Lady Marmalade,” died Monday, her friend and the mayor of Trenton, Reed Gusciora, announced on his Facebook page Monday. Dash was 76.

A cause of death has yet to be released. However, Mayor Gusciora told the Trentonian that Dash complained to her family in the days leading up to her death that she wasn’t feeling well.


Patti LaBelle, whom the group was named after, took to Instagram Sunday to pay her respects.

” We were just on-stage together on Saturday and it was such a powerful and special moment! #SarahDash was an awesomely talented, beautiful, and loving soul who blessed my life and the lives of so many others in more ways than I can say,” LaBelle said as caption to a video of that moment of them on stage together the night before.

“And I could always count on her to have my back! That’s who Sarah was…a loyal friend and a voice for those who didn’t have one. She was a true giver…always serving, always sharing her talent and her time. I am heart broken, as I know all of her loved ones and fans are. But, I know that Sarah’s spirit and all that she has given to the world live on! And I pray that her precious memory brings us peace and comfort. Rest in power my dear sister. I love you always!

No comments:

Post a Comment