Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Palm Springs CA Radio: Bulldog Feingold Returns To KNWZ

Bill Feingold
KNWZ K-News 94.3 FM radio personality Bill Feingold is back on-air after four months of medical leave.

He had been diagnosed with stage four liver cancer, reports The Desert Sun.

After about four months of medical leave, he finally returned to the "Bill Feingold Show" with co-host Kevin Holmes on Monday.

Known to his fans as "Bulldog," Feingold, 70, said the show "felt great," but he didn't realize he'd be "so exhausted" afterward.

"Reading the prayers people sent to me got me going again," Feingold said by phone after the show. "I was ready to check out, but then I said, ‘No, I can’t.' People love the show and I want to do it for them."

Most of the calls into the show were about having cancer, Feingold said, and he was open about refusing prevention screenings before he was diagnosed.

"I said if I would have been more diligent in getting colonoscopies after stopping six years ago when I was 63 that this wouldn’t have happened, and they would have caught it much earlier," Feingold said.

The radio host is still undergoing chemotherapy and said his current health status is up in the air.

"For the time being, I’ve really beaten down the cancer, but it’s still there and active," Feingold said. "I have a whole new outlook.

No comments:

Post a Comment