Thursday, March 21, 2019

Tampa Radio: Jeff Zito Returns As APD/PM Drive Host At The Shark

Jeff Zito
Beasley Media Group announces Jeff Zito has been named as the Assistant Program Director/Afternoon-Drive Host of Tampa Bay’s WPBB 98.7 FM The Shark.

Zito most recently served as the Program Director (PD) and Midday Host at Beasley’s 96K-ROCK WRXK-FM in Fort Myers, Florida. He originally oversaw programming duties at the company’s WBRN-FM in Tampa Bay back in 2016. 

In his new role, Zito will be responsible for assisting Program Director Ted Kamikaze with the day-to-day operations at the station. The Shark recently launched back on December 26th as “Tampa Bay’s Next Generation of Classic Rock”.

“Jeff brings a wealth of Rock Radio knowledge,” said Kamikaze. “Having him join Operations Manager Travis Daily and myself completes my programming dream team for the station!”

“Jeff is a great rock programmer, a creative powerhouse, and an all-around fun guy,” said Market Manager Steve Triplett. “I loved working with him during his last tour of duty in Tampa and am thrilled to have him back!”

“I’m excited to join my mentor, Ted Kamikaze, back in Tampa at 98.7 The Shark,” said Zito. “I want to thank Justin Chase, Travis Daily, Steve Triplett and the Beasley family for allowing me this incredible opportunity to grow within the company I’ve had the privilege to work for over the past 20 years.  I can’t wait to get started, but, will miss my radio family in Fort Myers.”

96K-ROCK in Ft. Myers has embarked on a nationwide search for a PD/Midday replacement.  All inquiries should be sent to Operations Manager Adam Starr at adam.starr@bbgi.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment