Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Report: Bobby Bones Plans To Run For Arkansas Governor


Radio host and "Dancing with the Stars" competitor Bobby Bones said he plans to run for governor of Arkansas.

"I'm going to run for governor of Arkansas for sure," Bones, 38, told Fox News after Monday night's "DWTS," in which he advanced to next week's finale.

Bones is a native of Hot Springs, Ark., and was born to a mother who got pregnant at 15. He told Fox News he is shooting for either "2022 and maybe 2026" for a run for governor.

"I would love to be the governor of Arkansas. That's my home state and I want to show people that it really doesn't matter where you come from, it's where you're looking or where you're going," Bones said. "I want to help people who grew up like I did and give people a chance with education [and then]…hopefully, [become] president."

Bones said he's not a Republican or a Democrat: "I'm in the middle. We're going to see what happens. I'm a registered Independent right now.

"Here's what I believe: We all have sensibilities that fit with red or blue, and I have some things that I believe on the blue side and some things I believe on the red side. But I'm not committing to one or the other because I'm not strictly red or blue. I don't follow a single person. I follow my ideas. We'll see where that lands. I do believe in the next few years you're going to see this polarization. We're just going to be exhausted of it and I plan to be part of that change."

Bones and his DWTS partner Burgess will be presenting the vocal duo of the year award at the CMAs this Wednesday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment