Friday, November 2, 2018

Pittsburgh Radio: Marty's Back Monday On KDKA-AM


KDKA 1020 AM talk host Marty Griffin says he will be back on the air Monday, and he has a lot to say, according to The Post-Gazette.

“I have to try, I just do,” says Griffin, who recently completed eight weeks of immuno-, chemo- and radiation therapy to treat throat cancer stemming from HPV. He says he’s still weak but “I woke up this morning feeling a lot better and I truly believe there is a road to recovery, and I’m on it.”

His “Inside Story” program runs from 9 a.m.-noon weekdays. Given the events on last weekend at the Tree of Life Synagogue, as well as the pending Nov. 6 midterm elections, he’s jumping back into it at an especially poignant time.

Griffin, who suffered a setback when he blacked out in early October, will still receive fluids daily for two weeks at UPMC Hillman Cancer Center. He also needs to gain back some of the 40 pounds he lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment