Monday, April 23, 2018

Talker Ed Schultz Charges MSNBC With News Bias


Anyone needing direct confirmation that MSNBC perpetrates biased news, should listen to Ed Schultz who used to host a show at that network.

In an podcast interview with Jamie Weinstein of the National Revew, Schultz claimed that the president of MSNBC contacted him just minutes before he was due to broadcast the official kickoff of the Bernie Sanders presidential campaign and demanded he cover another topic instead. Schultz also claims that because MSNBC was so far in the bag with Hillary Clinton that he was subsequently fired from that network for supporting Sanders.

Newsbusters repoirts Schultz talked about the differences between MSNBC which he left in July 2015 and RT America where he now works. He also revealed how blatantly the head of MSNBC interfered to take away live coverage of Sanders' campaign announcement:

SCHULTZ: ...Many times I was told what to lead with on MSNBC. Many times I was told what I was not going to do. And I've got a story that had I not been involved in it I would never have believed it and Phil Griffin who I consider a friend to this day was a watchdog far more than anything I am exposed to here at RT America.

WEINSTEIN: Did he tell you what to say? Did he tell you an angle to take?

SCHULTZ: Often. In fact, when Bernie Sanders was announcing that he was going to be a candidate for the nomination of the Democratic Party in Burlington, Vermont I was the only cable host between FOX, MSNBC, and CNN that was there to cover it live. Now there were live cameras there but we had coordinated with the Sanders campaign that at 5 o'clock that he was going to make his announcement and we were going to cover this on the Ed Show. I go to Bernie Sanders house that afternoon and interview in the backyard. About a 15 minute interview. The grandkids are running around. It's a big day for the Sanders family. He's going to announce that he's running for president. We're gonna carry it live later on in the day and we're gonna run this one-on-one tape with Bernie. Three thousand people are there on Lake Champlain. It's five minutes to air and I get a phone call from Phil Griffin: "You're not covering this!" I said, "Phil, Bernie Sanders is announcing he's running for president. He's gonna be president. "I don't care, you're not covering this!" And it got rather contentious.

Schultz then gave his opinion on the reason why his interview with Sanders was pulled at the last minute:

SCHULTZ: We're covering Bernie Sanders live. We're coordinated with his campaign. And I'm told five minutes before you're not covering Bernie Sanders. Now let me give you the opinion. I think the Clintons were connected to Andy Lack, connected at the hip. I think they didn't want anybody in their prime time or anywhere in their lineup supporting Bernie Sanders. I think that they were in the take for Hillary Clinton. And I think it was managed and 45 days later I was out at MSNBC and I thought it stunk."

No comments:

Post a Comment